Friday, February 3, 2012

In a Rut..

Lately I've been struggling with motivation in my life.  This applies to my quiet times with the Lord,  work,  school,  working out,  etc.  I will have a set plan in my head of what I want to accomplish in my day,  but when that time comes I either make an excuse not to do it or I totally forget.  Talk about lazy and being an airhead!

It can become so overwhelming at times when I can't figure out how to organize my life.  My personality type is that I like to have everything figured out and known ahead of time.   ..Isn't that ironic?  I like to know what the future holds,  yet I can't get myself to be motivated in order to accomplish all of those "hopes and dreams."  Some days I believe I just need a good slap across the face,  aka "wake up call."
Is the Lord trying to teach me something through all of this 'unknown'?
               "O our God ... We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on you."  -2 Chron. 20: 12
God has a plan for everything that happens and I know this, but I find myself constantly forgetting this truth.  HE should be my motivation!  ... My ONLY motivation!!!   We are here on this Earth to bring Him honor and glory.  So when I read my Bible,  sing,  go to work,  go to school,  work out,  it should be because I want to give Him all the glory for my ability to do and accomplish all of those things.

Christ is and should always be the center of our lives, "I have been crucified with Christ;  it is no longer I who live,  but Christ lives in me;  and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God,  who loved me and gave Himself for me."  - Galatians  2: 20

Please pray that I can remember my one true source of motivation each and every day.  I pray that you remember it too!  Have a great weekend!
- Belle

1 comment: